WYONG RACE CLUB LIMITED
A company limited by guarantee A.B.N. 54 943 635 817
NOTICE OF 2019 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT: The 2019 Annual General Meeting of Wyong Race Club Limited will be held on Monday 11 November 2019 in the Magic Millions Lounge (middle floor), Wyong Racecourse, Howarth St, Wyong, commencing at 6.00pm
The business of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be as follows:-
1. Confirm the Minutes of the 2018 Annual General Meeting.
2. Receive & consider Annual Financial Report for year ended 30 June 2019 including –
- Directors’ Report
- Statement of Comprehensive Income
- Statement of Financial Position
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Statement of Changes in Equity
- Notes to the Financial Statements
- Auditor’s Reports
3. Election of Board members – one Member to be elected to fill the casual vacancy resulting from the resignation of Garry Whitaker in May, 2019.
4. Further Notices of Motion:
A. “That Members approve and agree to expenditure by the Club until the next Annual General Meeting of the Club of reasonable expenses incurred by directors in relation to such other duties including entertainment of special guests to the Club and other promotional activities performed by directors including attending functions at other clubs to represent the Club, such activities and expenses as may be approved.”
B. “That Members approve and agree to the availability until the next Annual General Meeting of the Club a reserved car space at Club race meetings for directors.”
C. “That Members approve and agree to expenditure by the Club until the next Annual General Meeting of the Club of reasonable cost of refreshments after Board meetings.”
5. Appoint the Auditor for the ensuing year.
6. Election of Patron.
7. Transact, in accordance with the Constitution, any other ordinary business that may be lawfully brought forward.
It would be appreciated if members who wish to raise queries or seek information about any matters appearing in the Annual Report, give at least (10) days written notice to the Chief Executive. This will allow sufficient time for proper research and preparation of the replies for the benefit of all Members.
Members wishing to nominate for the ONE (1) available elected positions on the Board of Directors are required to lodge their nominations on the prescribed form with the Company’s Chief Executive at the General Office, Howarth Street, Wyong NOT LATER THAN 12 noon on Friday 25 October 2019. Nomination forms are available from the Club’s Office during normal business hours. Please note the three elected and three independent directors were all confirmed in 2018 for three year terms and will continue in office.
Election of the Board – shall take place in the following manner:
- Any two Ordinary or Life Members of the Club shall be at liberty to nominate any other Ordinary or Life Member or a person who has been a member of the Board to serve as an officer or other member of the Board.
- The nomination must be in writing and signed by the member and his proposer and seconder shall be lodged with the secretary by 12 noon on Friday 25 October, 2019.
- A list of such nominations, with proposer’s and seconder’s names, shall be posted at the Club’s registered offices at least seven days immediately preceding the meeting at which the elections take place and will be made available on the Wyong RC website wyongraceclub.com.au, not later than Thursday 31 October 2019.
The 2019 Annual Report will be posted to all financial Members on or before 17 October 2019 in accordance with the Rules.
Members and Proxies attending the AGM will be required to prove their identity with photo ID such as a driver’s licence, a passport, or similar. A Member’s card by itself will be insufficient proof of identity.
Appointing a Proxy: if you are a Member entitled to attend and vote at this AGM, you may appoint a person as your proxy to attend and vote for you at the meeting. A proxy need not be a member of the company. For the appointment of a proxy to be effective the required form (available from the Racing Club office) will need to be completed and returned by 4pm Thursday 7 November 2019. The Constitution of the Wyong Race Club does not provide for postal voting.