Dear Racing Industry Participants,
Given the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation across New South Wales, we need to advise you of changes to Wyong Race Club’s approach to equine operations, race meetings, functions and events.
We are being extremely proactive and taking every precaution to ensure the safety of our Club’s patrons, staff and community. Following the latest advice from Racing NSW, we are implementing restrictions on public attendance.
Effective immediately, Wyong Race Club’s thoroughbred race meetings, barrier trials, trackwork and access to licensed training stables will not be open to the public, including owners, until further notice.
We’re asking all our staff, business partners, owners, trainers, jockeys and other contractors to adopt enhanced preventative measures and maintain social distancing.
If we act together, we can ensure that Wyong Race Club and its thoroughbred racing community continue to run as close to normal operations as possible in the near future.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation, and we wish your family well at this testing time.
Wyong Race Club Limited.
Changes to Upcoming Race Meetings
Until further notice, only essential personnel will be permitted entry to our racecourse. They will be required to leave promptly after their horses have run. There will be no wagering facilities provided. This is all in accordance with the latest advice provided by Racing NSW.
Essential personnel permitted access includes:
- Racing NSW Stewards and Veterinarians
- Trainers, Jockeys and Stablehands with a runner at the race meeting
- Barrier Attendants,
- Starters and essential Track Staff
- Clerks of the Course
- Judges and Sectional
- Timing Teams
- Weighing Room Staff and Jockey’s Attendants
- Race day Event Staff and security (horse stalls, mounting yards and float carpark)
- Club Doctor and Ambulance Services
- Farriers and other essential service providers approved by Racing NSW and Wyong Race Club
- Broadcast services including Race Caller
- Restricted Core Racing Media as approved by Racing NSW and Wyong Race Club
- Restricted operational Wyong Race Club staff and management.
Additional measures for upcoming Race Meetings:
If you are an essential personnel required to attend Wyong racecourse, we need to ensure an extra precautionary layer before you can access our grounds.
In the interest of public health, you won’t be permitted access to our grounds if you’re:
- Suffering from coronavirus symptoms or are generally unwell
- Had close contact with a person suspected or confirmed to have coronavirus
- Visited a country considered at higher risk of COVID-19 in the past 14 days (currently mainland China, Iran, Italy and South Korea)
- Subject to self-isolation requirements imposed by the Government
- Vulnerable to or have a pre-existing respiratory disease
- Considered in a high risk group, including the elderly or have an underlying illness such as diabetes, chronic lung disease, kidney failure or a suppressed immune system.
Familiarise yourself with the COVID-19 facts. If you suspect you may have coronavirus, or have been in contact with someone who has, you should isolate yourself and immediately seek medical advice.
Call the national Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080, or contact your medical practitioner.
We’re here to help.
If an event you were due to host at our Club needs to be postponed or cancelled due to updated advice from NSW Health, there will be refund or rescheduling options made available to you.
If you have any questions about an upcoming race day, event, or function you are involved in with us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.